Friday, November 11, 2011

Tech Kid’s new Sony Network Media Player

On our way home from instrument practice on Monday my parents told us they had a 52 inch Smart TV in the back of the car. My sister and I looked around the car and said “no we don’t!” Then they said “yes we do, look”, and my Mom handed me the Sony Network Media Player - I was excited to get it home and hook it up! 

For those who don’t know, the Sony Network Media Player is an internet TV system that can turn any TV to a smart TV to stream movies and tv shows from the internet. It also sort-of turns your tv into another simple computer. Like a really big netbook.

You can hook it up by WI-FI or directly to your internet modem. It is so easy I can set it up.  My dad and I were able to do it in just minutes!

After we hooked it up I was able to play around with it and discover that has all kinds of apps you can play and use. It has 3D world, YouTube, Netflix, Hulu plus, Sony EntertainmentNetwork, Pandora, Cinema now, Vudu, Flixters, and Crackle. You can link your personal computer to the Sony player and view your media files. It also allows you to turn your smart phone into a versatile remote control with a full keyboard. Use the USB port to play music, pics, and videos. The Sony player can play music at the same time on another Sony product.
I like the Netflix and the Hulu plus features because I can watch whatever I want. The coolest thing for kids is the Wired Channel. Wired is about the new technology in the world - Tech Kid likes this!


*Disclaimer:  The Tech Kid was not asked to review this product by the manufacturer or distributor.  The information provided is based upon personal review and experience with the product. All opinions expressed herein are true and unbiased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment